We now run a Kids ‘Go Ride’ cycling club on a Saturday morning!
We meet at Whickham Thorns Outdoor Activity Centre, Market Lane, Dunston NE11 9NX.
We are in the process of changing our coaching arrangements to allow for the increasing numbers of riders and variation in ability. Having more coaches on board is helping too.
Winter is (allegedly) over. As of Saturday 2nd April 2016 the session will be as follows:
- All other riders: 10:30-12:00. This will not be on technical terrain but will cover key MTB skills. These sessions will be run by all coaches and any rider under the age of 18 may attend.
We focus on riders from ages 6 to 18. Bike is required but we do have some spares if advance notice is given. No BMX as gears are needed and front and rear working brakes, preferably a mountain bike, or cross bike when we are doing cyclo-cross training. A helmet MUST be worn. Adult riders are welcome after clearing this with either Dave or Brian.
Looking ahead the plan is to organise trail centre Sundays once every 4 to 6 weeks. The core high performance group will have skills coaching for an hour followed by un-coached riding time if they wish. This second session would be for all club members and is int he nature of a ‘club run’ rather than a coached session. We are also looking to run a C2C trip and a MTB trip on the Sandstone Way when it opens.
In the meantime here’s some of the lads at play today.
- David Donaldson – Head Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Pattinson – Level 2 Coach
- Neil McKinnon – Level 1 Coach
- Richard Tait – Level 1 Coach
Welfare Officer – Tricia Gill
Contact -Tim Hagan – email@example.com – 0191 477 5026